Butter Wiener Broccoli
Type of dish : Central dish
Meal types : Lunch, Dinner
A : 1 broccoli, cut into florets. Broccoli stalk, sliced. Carrot, sliced.
B : 2 cloves garlic, sliced. Dried chili, cut into pieces.
C : 4 (pork-chicken-)wieners, cut 2 cm lengths
D : A dash of pepper and salt.
1. Blanch broccoli in hot water to soften and still green but do not overcook.
2. Drain off water and put the broccoli on a plate.
3. Heat butter in a wok and fry B until aromatic.
4. Add in C and fry briefly.
5. Stir in A(carrot and broccoli stalk) and fry until heated through.
6. Add in A(broccoli). Stir-fry for 2 or 3 minutes until A is totally cooked but still crisp
7. Add D to taste. Dish out and serve with rice.
☆ Dont make the mistake of discarding the broccoli stalk. Even the thickest stalk can be used and is quite delicious. Simply peel the outside skin from the stalk and cut it into slices. Stir-fry with carrot. It is crisp, sweet, source of vitamin A and high in vitamin C.
Rating : 85%
(Dried chilli is a little bit hot. So you can fry with only garlic for method 3 if you hate spicy dish.)