Tuesday 23 June 2009

FuFu Discovery Corner - 1

* This is a scheduled post. FuFu is currently backpacking in China. He will be in Inner Mongolia right now as what he had planned, breathing the clean air, communicating with the nature, lazing on the prairie, gazing at the stars at night and staying over in the Mongolian hut. Phew, what a great life.

Another series of Eye On FuFu will be on FuFu Discovery Corner from now onwards. They are all written by FuFu's friends, buddies or readers. Hope this corner will help you to know FuFu better while he is backpacking in China. *


Eye On FuFu - from Canada

fufu new york 121fufu new york 117
fufu new york 117fufu new york 106fufu new york 105fufu new york 107
fufu new york 108fufu new york 113fufu new york 101fufu new york 102
fufu new york 129fufu new york 131
fufu new york 124fufu new york 111fufu new york 126fufu new york 127
fufu new york 122fufu new york 121fufu new york 119fufu new york 118
fufu new york 128fufu new york 160
fufu new york 128fufu new york 8fufu new york 133fufu new york 132
fufu new york 134fufu new york 131fufu new york 10fufu new york 129
fufu new york 7fufu new york 2
Time Squares, New York City, USA

I'm not sure how I came across FuFu's site. He probably left a comment on another site and I clicked on it. It was filled with travel pictures. He had pictures from Japan, Europe and US at that time. It seemed interesting so I just subscribed. He had pictures of his graduation from Japan and there were also some entries with pictures of his mom and sister too. I thought that was nice but didn't think too much about it.


Kinkakuji, Kyoto, Japan

For me his site was like one of the many interesting sites out there. He seemed to travel all over (Europe and Asia). I was surprised that he actually had a job. He moved his act over to Blogspot but still updates here. He gets over a 100 comments per entry over there. One day, I clicked on his earliest entry at his Xanga site. I do that sometimes when I have time. Most of the blogs I subscribe to have a history before I subscribe. It's interesting to see how people's writing have changed and evolved.


Pak Nai Village, Yuen Long, Hongkong

As I read some of FuFu's early entries, I learned he was from Malaysia and had a very humble childhood. His mom had a stall in the market selling veggies (I'm writing this from memory). He also helped out there as well sweet talking clients to get them to buy more. It now made sense. When he graduated from university in Japan, he had his mom over. That brought a smile to my face. Stories like these are wonderful. When I see FuFu's entries – I always think back to someone who had a very humble start in life and has gone on to bigger and better things. Well done FuFu. I know you had an incentive for people to write their impressions about you. But I probably would have done this anyways.


Seven Star Crags, Zhaoqing, Guangdong, China

By Matt from Canada, FuFu's Xangan buddy.

30 comments:

ladyviral said...

Oh this is such a sweet post. I am very sure FuFu is REALLY happy to know he have a friend in you Matt. I am sure I would too if I have a friend like you.

Thank you for sharing all this, because FuFu's blog entries have brought me alot of things I have not seen in my life. I love his entries! Even the CSP entries though I can't read chinese, have shown me the fun and joy there is to see everywhere through the pictures. I did not become his floower from the early stages and i have not read his earlier post either. But so far, I am liking FuFu's experience.

Big Thanks to FuFu for all the great post and Matt for sharing with me the summary of FuFu legends.

杰胜 said...

那只乌龟好像很老了吧?

Shin said...

從別人的文字中知道一些你過去的點滴,感覺很奇妙
雖然我來不及參與你的過去,不過我相信我會繼續在部落格里參與你的現在和未來 ;)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

So nice to go anywhere we want.

发白日梦^^ said...

每天都到处“飞”好羡慕你咯!你可以进世界纪录了,环游全世界的人!哈 !!!

Kuntong said...

u r lucky fufu... =)
enjoy ur trip ~

晴天 said...

好想把那乌龟带回家。。哈哈

.:: Ant ::. said...

Wow the Kinkakuji pic is simply beautiful! ^_^

+Ant+

Mavis Ng said...

还是很羡慕你那多姿多彩的生活~:)

hcpen said...

what a beautiful post...i love the entry about his mother's vegetable stall and how he went on to bigger and better things in life..i hope i can too...

Akira 思胜 said...

现在应该在蒙古了吧?

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The turtle is so big, wish i can bring it back with me...

佐瑟琳 said...

哇~
你到底去过多少国家旅游啊?
好羡慕你哦~

=啃泥谷= said...

可惜照片按不进去来看
看不清楚那些建筑物

Nick尼克仔 said...

难怪那时候要大家对你的文章
原来是早有预谋的啊~
大佬富你都算是用心良苦了~
去外国走走还会顾虑我们啊~
谢谢啦~
老实说他的心情
和我的一样
看到你的文章的第一次
脑海能出现的字
应该就是那些
“哇塞,他去过多少国家啊?”
“好厉害啊~羡慕到”
“我以后也要去”
这一类的东西。
虽然知道目前要实现还不能
不过看看大佬富的文章
就足够咯~
至少能慰籍小小的落寞心情
心灵的良药哦~
大佬富
感谢你的信息啦~
远在中国内蒙古都sms来给我~
我有感动啦~
期待你的游记哦~
没有你的回复
真的少了很多乐趣诶~
虽然还是有你的预设文章
但是那种感觉不一样啦~
还是要有那种有留言有回答的互动
才是大佬富精彩的部落~
期待你回来哦~

Carenlie said...

fufu seems like buzy oso tis few days....XD
nice travel again~

小雪 said...

這樣的文章看起來很有意思....

桀森 said...

我之前還在想~你應該是來自一個很富裕的家庭吧~沒有負擔~才能夠這麼無拘無束的到處去~~
後來記得你有提過~原來你也是有工作的~而且還不簡單~~

不過~不管怎樣~~像你這樣能夠盡情享受自己喜歡的人生~還真是讚!!

繼續努力噢~~
這段期間~相信大家都會很想念你的~~
帶著大家的祝福~繼續環遊世界~ ^^

I AM A BLOGGER said...

fufu bro. U really been to everywhere anywhere! Haha, u hv no regrets at all~~~

Joel,约珥 said...

hor hor,原来你是有预谋的!
我真是完蛋了,
发现自己越来越喜欢你^^
认识你后我发现地球原来是圆的噢~哈哈
又是时候读书了,
这样才能像你一样,
自由翱翔着在这美丽的天空。

夏娃公主 said...

你这次的帖子是放以前的旅行照咯?
以前的你更瘦,下巴尖尖的~omg!
在蒙古了吧?希望你旅程愉快咯!

Unseen India Tours said...

Fantastic photos Fufu !! This is an amazing location and really loved the tortoise..Great One...Unseen Rajasthan

Ayie said...

I see travel channel for places when I'm stuck watching tv but you can't go wrong with fufu's blog when you want to see places around the globe. =)

Matt said...

You're a celebrity. ;-)

jenny said...

fufu went to japan a?
so syok leh~
i wish i can go!!!
wuwuwu
anyway~
fufu can u tell me some bou taiwan?
coz i m planning to go there~
any place must i visit?

小闷瓜 said...

有没有躺在蒙古的大草场上,看星星呢?
祝你旅途愉快。

JL said...

These stuff are great. It's absolutely amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if fufu's blog had that many comments :D

毛毛 said...

Kinkakuji, Kyoto, Japan
那风景好美,让人的感觉很宁静。

shloke said...

fufu........THE TRAVEL PICS!!!! "One Picture is Worth Ten Thousand Words"

The happiness, the places, the people, friends and everything else seems to be so PERFECT!

DARN!!! I wanna travel again!!!!!

Honestly, I'm inspired by you!

Travel safe,
mylo

紫绵羊的心与情 said...

really.....envy fufu's life!!!!!full filled with fun and adventure,keep going on!!!!kampateh

P.s.those cities pic very special....