FuFu Kitchen 2011 之家庭煮富
Today's Lunch - Smiley Onigiri with tomato, Mozzarella (Italian Cheese), lettuce and carrot, plus glass of mixed fruit juice (pineapple, banana, apple, maracuja and strawberry).
Onigiri or rice ball, is a Japanese food made from rice formed into triangular or oval shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed). Traditionally, an onigiri is filled with pickled ume (umeboshi). I don't have nori, neither had i stuffed any filling inside the onogiri. Instead, i mixed the rice with boiled tomato, potato and carrot and created two smiley onigiris, pulling myself out from the Monday's blue of working on my thesis. LOL
Today's Lunch - Braised pork rice, fried egg, and glass of mixed fruits juice.
Braised pork rice (Lu Rou Fan, 滷肉飯) is a famous Taiwanese cuisine which has minced, cubed, or ground fatty pork, stewed in soy sauce and spices, then served on rice. I added tomato and mushroom, and my braised pork is really fufulicious! I still have half of it left, gotta make it as my dinner. :p
1. Heat oil in the pan.
2. Fry onion and garlic until brown.
3. Add certain amount of ground pork as you like.
4. Cook while stirring.
5. Add diced shitake mushroom and tomato.
6. Add 3:2 ratio of soy sauce and water.
7. Simmer until the pork is brown (flavours really seep into the meat).
8. Season to taste.
9. Top it on a bowl of rice.
10. Sprinkle dried parsley to serve.
Today's Dinner - Saute Eggplant with overnight Braised Pork.
Oh my god, overnight braised pork is absolutely fufulicious! Actually i am rushing for my research, and have no time to cook properly lately. Simply i stir-fried eggplant with braised pork i couldn't finish yesterday, surprisingly, it turned out way too good than expected. Remember to simmer the eggplant with braised pork for about more than 3 mins (low heat), so the sauce could totally seep into eggplants. Again, i had two bowls of rice. :p Have to eat a lot because i need more energy to burn the midnight oil efficiently. lol
1. Heat pan with few drops of oil.
2. Saute the eggplants until golden brown
3. Stir in braised pork and saute well.
4. Simmer more than 3 mins (until eggplant is softened and the braised pork sauce has melded in it).
5. Garnish with few slices of lettuce.
6. Serve hot with rice. :p