Thursday 5 January 2012

FuFu Year in Review 2011 - Part 1



FuFu Year in Review 2011 - Part 1
Paraguay (Summer End of Dec 2010 - Early of Jan 2011)

I saw Hedy (we studied Japanese together in Osaka, Japan, April 2002 - March 2003) waiting for me at the arrival hall. It was 38"C when i arrived Asuncion Bus Terminal. The journey back to her house was about an hour if i remember correctly. San Lorenzo is a nice neighbourhood. After a cool shower, i was invited to have terere (Paraguayian tea) with her mother and auntie, we were sitting at the garden. Empanadas (something like our curry puff) was my favourite. I told them we have similar stuff like empanadas in Malaysia. I tried to shape our curry puff with Paraguayian filling, baked (not fried) it. Later they made me a typical drink that usually drank during Christmas, Clerico = fruit + wine was yummy!

How about the city itself? Well, Paraguay is still relatively poor if compared with other South American countries. However, the friendliness of the people simply amazed me. I surprisingly saw many Asians (mainly Chinese from Mainland China and Taiwan) doing business there. I bought a digital camera (Canon A3100, US$110) from a Taiwanese lady. She and her son were happy to talk in Mandarin with me, well once a while Hokkien after i told them i can speak Hokkien too. Anyway, i had only visited the capital city, Asuncion and Ciudad del Este. The next time i fly back to South America, i would definitely make sure i have enough money to explore the entire country as what i had promised Hedy and her family when they sent me off to Buenos Aires, Argentina!

巴拉圭

五天四夜的短暫逗留
攝氏三十八度的國度
南美洲其中一個貧囯
見了日本的同班同學
感激她超熱情的招待
讓我愛上了這個國家
除了烤肉炒飯燒肉餅
當地的冷茶讓我難忘
出街都會帶一瓶隨身
幾乎每一天都喝幾瓶
這個國家還是很落後
沒有很多的高樓大廈
但人情味真的很雄厚
還遇到兩位臺灣商人
他們在巴拉圭賣相機
很高興可跟我說中文
老闆娘久沒講福建話
我們聊了有一段時間
首都其實沒什麽好看
希望日後有機會回去
好好的環游整個國家

8 comments:

瑜珺 said...

Wow~ review还写得很仔细哦:)

Rad Sujanto said...

Wow! You studied Japanese for a year in Japan! I want that too! ;)) Was it difficult to find a course there? Was it super expensive too? I'm actually genuinely interested :D

BTW, nice photos! And, lucky you got a chance to travel so far! :D

applefish said...

无意中发现了你的部落格

Sasa said...

我想2012年裏
fufu的生活會更精彩
加油咯

Furby said...

Love to see your travel post ^_^

咖啡女孩 said...

发现到你这个大红人的部落,
哈哈~
你的生活真的很多姿多彩咧 =)

Caroline said...

awesome one! :D:D

annant said...

jeles that you get to travel all the time!